Connect with us

News

I Won’t Appeal My Disqualification From Edo APC Primary – Obaseki

Published

on

Edo Governor Godwin Obaseki has vowed not to appeal his disqualification from the governorship primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC) slated for June 22.

The Governor, in a statement by his media aide, Crusoe Osagie, said it was futile appealing when the National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole has allegedly orchestrated the move from the beginning.

While calling on his supporters to be calm, he urged them to wait for further directives.

“We have watched the mockery of democratic process, which Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, is administering and superintending over in our great party the All Progressives Congress (APC). It has been an unfortunate, disheartening and dreadful spectacle.

“We had initially asserted that going by the open display and enthronement of illegality by one man in the party that comprises several organs and eminent personalities, there is no way that Governor Godwin Obaseki would get a fair assessment in the run-up to the nomination of candidates to fly the flag of the party in the forthcoming Edo gubernatorial election.

“It is unfortunate that this open show of shame, illegality and travesty of justice is the brand of democracy which Comrade Oshiomhole has reduced the APC into. The situation is quite saddening because this is a party supposedly reputed for change, equity and social justice”

“We have therefore decided that it would be effort in futility to appeal whatever the unjust outcome of the evaluation and screening process of the APC will be, especially when Comrade Oshiomhole has declared that he is the Supreme Court and ultimate determiner of the fate and future of our great party.

“We wish Oshiomhole luck in his maladministration of the party and trust that the Almighty will help our country to find the path to true liberty, freedom and justice.

“We call on all party members and the teeming supporters of Governor Obaseki to remain calm and await further directives.”

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

BREAKING: President Tinubu Reshuffles NNPCL Leadership, Appoints New GCEO and Board Members

Published

on

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has dismissed Mele Kyari as the Group Chief Executive Officer (GCEO) of the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited (NNPCL) and appointed Engr. Bashir Bayo Ojulari as his replacement. Ahmadu Musa Kida has also been named the new non-executive chairman of the board.

Additionally, Tinubu has sacked all board members appointed alongside Akinyelure and Kyari in November 2023. Adedapo Segun, who became Chief Financial Officer (CFO) last year, has been retained on the newly restructured board.

New Board Composition

The newly appointed board consists of six non-executive directors representing Nigeria’s geopolitical zones:

Bello Rabiu (North West)

Yusuf Usman (North East)

Babs Omotowa (North Central)

Austin Avuru (South-South)

David Ige (South West)

Henry Obih (South East)

Mrs. Lydia Shehu Jafiya, Permanent Secretary of the Federal Ministry of Finance, will represent the ministry, while Aminu Said Ahmed will represent the Ministry of Petroleum Resources.

Objectives of the Restructured Board

President Tinubu emphasized that the restructuring aims to enhance operational efficiency, restore investor confidence, boost local content, drive economic growth, and advance gas commercialization and diversification.

The new board has been tasked with the following objectives:

Conduct a strategic portfolio review of NNPCL’s operated and joint venture assets to align with value maximization goals.

Increase oil sector investments from $17 billion (2023) to $30 billion by 2027 and $60 billion by 2030.

Raise daily oil production to 2 million barrels by 2027 and 3 million barrels by 2030.

Boost gas production to 8 billion cubic feet per day by 2027 and 10 billion cubic feet per day by 2030.

Expand NNPCL’s share of crude oil refining output to 200,000 barrels daily by 2027 and 500,000 barrels by 2030.

Profiles of Key Appointees

Ahmadu Musa Kida – New Board Chairman

Ahmadu Musa Kida, from Borno State, holds a degree in civil engineering from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, and a postgraduate diploma in petroleum engineering from the Institut Francais du Petrol (IFP) in Paris.

He began his oil industry career at Elf Petroleum Nigeria before joining Total Exploration and Production in 1985. In 2015, he became Deputy Managing Director of Deep Water Services at Total Nigeria. In 2023, he was appointed as an Independent Non-Executive Director at Pan Ocean-Newcross Group. Outside the oil industry, he served as president of the Nigerian Basketball Federation (NBBF).

Bashir Bayo Ojulari – New GCEO

Ojulari, from Kwara State, was formerly the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Renaissance Africa Energy Company. He led the recent $2.4 billion acquisition of Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria (SPDC) by a consortium of indigenous energy firms.

A mechanical engineering graduate from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, Ojulari started his career at Elf Aquitaine and later joined Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria in 1991. He worked in various roles across Europe and the Middle East as a petroleum process and production engineer, strategic planner, field developer, and asset manager. In 2015, he was appointed Managing Director of Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO).

Ojulari has also served as chairman and trustee of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE Nigerian Council) and is a fellow of the Nigerian Society of Engineers.

Acknowledgment of Outgoing Board Members

President Tinubu expressed gratitude to the outgoing board members for their service, particularly their contributions to rehabilitating the Port Harcourt and Warri refineries, which have resumed petroleum production after prolonged inactivity. He wished them success in their future endeavors.

The restructuring underscores Tinubu’s commitment to transforming Nigeria’s oil and gas sector, with ambitious goals for increased production and investment.

Continue Reading

News

Emir Sanusi Warns Kano Youths Against Attacks on Non-Indigenes Over Edo Killings

Published

on

The 16th Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II, has cautioned youths in the state against launching attacks on non-indigenes following the killing of 16 Hausa travelers in Uromi, Edo State.

Speaking on Sunday after leading the Eid-el-Fitr prayers at the Kofar Mata Eid ground, the Emir urged restraint and called for justice through legal means rather than retaliation.

“We received reports on Saturday evening that some youths in certain areas were planning reprisal attacks on non-indigenous residents after the Eid prayers. We strongly advise against such actions,” Sanusi stated.

He emphasized the need to maintain peace and avoid lawlessness. “We appeal to them not to take the law into their own hands. It is crucial to prevent any breakdown of law and order. Traditional leaders across the state must remain vigilant,” he added.

The Emir also called on authorities to ensure that those responsible for the killings in Edo are brought to justice. “The relevant agencies must thoroughly investigate and prosecute the perpetrators of this barbaric act,” he urged.

Furthermore, he reminded Muslims to uphold the values of discipline and righteousness learned during Ramadan. “As we conclude the fasting period, we must sustain the lessons of Ramadan and refrain from returning to sinful acts,” he advised.

Sanusi’s message reinforces the importance of peaceful coexistence and lawful redress in the wake of the tragic incident.

Continue Reading

News

Millions Believe Tinubu Can Fix Nigeria – Governor Uzodimma

Published

on

Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodimma, has expressed confidence in President Bola Tinubu’s ability to transform Nigeria, stating that millions of Nigerians share this belief. He further emphasized that if Tinubu cannot fix the country, many would see it as a loss of hope.

Speaking on Saturday at the President’s 73rd birthday celebration in Abuja, Uzodimma highlighted Tinubu’s bold economic decisions as a testament to his commitment to addressing Nigeria’s challenges.

“Only a leader with strong conviction and genuine love for the nation could have made such bold yet necessary decisions. These decisions have averted economic collapse and are now restoring hope and confidence across the country,” Uzodimma stated.

He reiterated his stance, saying, “As I have said before, and I emphasize again tonight, millions of Nigerians believe that if you cannot fix this country, then all hope is lost. I am pleased to confirm that you have not let us down. Through your purposeful and transformative leadership, Nigeria is back on track and progressing with renewed determination toward a brighter future.”

Uzodimma credited Tinubu with reigniting the Nigerian spirit of ingenuity and resilience, restoring faith in the nation, and securing his place in history through bold reforms and dedicated service. He extended his best wishes to the President, praying for divine guidance and strength.

As Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governors Forum, Uzodimma underscored the importance of Tinubu’s leadership, noting that the nation still needs his direction. He assured the President of continued prayers for strength to fulfill his mission for Nigeria.

“We still rely on your leadership, Mr. President. While we may not have silver or gold to offer, we will always pray for you, asking God to strengthen your resolve to leave a lasting legacy for this generation and those yet to come,” he concluded.

Continue Reading

Trending