News
2023: Cross River Will Deliver 100 Percent For Tinubu -Ayade
Cross River State governor, Sir Ben Ayade on Tuesday disclosed that the state will work hard to ensure the victory of the All Progressives Congress (APC) standard bearer, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu in the 2023 Presidential election.
Speaking for the first time after the party’s Presidential Primaries, Ayade said he remained committed to the victory of the party at the polls regardless of the outcome of the presidential primaries.
Ayade who addressed the Press at the Margaret Ekpo International Airport, Calabar, said: “As for my presidential ambition, indeed, l am grateful to God that He gave me the opportunity to showcase to the country what I had to offer. I am happy because sincerely, l like the reactions that l have received from various people about my speech at the primaries.”
Continuing, the governor said “there was a clear indication that everyone knew that l had something to offer this country, but it was not my time, it was not my day. It was someone else’s and l am happy for Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu who has taken the ticket of our party.
“Based on the principle of our party, we will all work to deliver him come 2023. Cross River will ensure a hundred percent votes for our presidential candidate.”
On his recent foreign business trip, Ayade disclosed that the object of his visit to Spain was to explore opportunities for the take off of Cally Airline as an entity.
“I just got back from Spain where l went for an extensive meeting and discussions with the intent to actually bring oxygen to Cally Air. As you are well aware, Cally Air has two aircraft and we need three to be licensed to actually run an independent airline. That has been a challenge for sometime now.”
According to the governor, “We had a useful and fruitful conversation with some companies out there with the intention to provide us one aircraft that will enable us have three aircraft, so we can run in full swing.”
Additionally, Ayade further hinted that “we have spoken to some cargo companies to see how they can partner with us for the Obudu Cargo Airport. Work at the airport has reached a very advanced stage and l am very convinced and confident that before long, the Obudu Cargo Airport should be fully operational. So we need to start having a foot falls ahead of time. That explains why l really took out time to get that done.”

Foreign
Goodluck Jonathan Reportedly Stranded in Guinea-Bissau After Sudden Military Takeover
Former Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan is reportedly stranded in Guinea-Bissau following the military’s announcement of a takeover on Tuesday.
Jonathan, who travelled to the country as part of an international election observation mission, was expected to oversee the release of official results before the unexpected shift in power disrupted all movement. Sources say he and other foreign observers are currently unable to leave as security restrictions tighten across the capital.
The situation has sparked concern among regional stakeholders, with diplomatic channels said to be monitoring developments closely. So far, neither Jonathan nor Nigerian authorities have issued an official statement on his safety or plans to return.
The unfolding political tension in Guinea-Bissau continues to draw global attention, especially as the fate of the election results remains unclear.


News
Rep. Ahmed Idris Wase Raises Alarm Over Alleged Boko Haram Names on Army Recruitment List
A fresh wave of national concern has been triggered after former Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Ahmed Idris Wase, alleged that names of individuals suspected to be linked to Boko Haram were once discovered on a Nigerian Army recruitment list.
Wase made the revelation on Wednesday while addressing colleagues and security stakeholders. According to him, the discovery points to a deeper and more dangerous level of infiltration that could compromise Nigeria’s ongoing fight against terrorism. He warned that if such cases go unchecked, they could weaken the country’s security architecture from within.
The lawmaker stressed the need for urgent and comprehensive reforms in recruitment procedures across all security agencies. He called for:
Enhanced vetting and background checks
Stricter biometric verification
A complete review of recruitment protocols
Cross-agency intelligence sharing
Wase argued that preventing infiltration at the point of entry is just as critical as frontline military operations, emphasizing that national security begins with ensuring the right people are admitted into the armed forces.
His claims have since generated widespread reaction from citizens, security experts, and civil society organisations. Many Nigerians are calling on the federal government to conduct a detailed investigation into the alleged incident, insisting that transparency is essential to restoring public trust in the nation’s defence system.
As of press time, the Nigerian Army has not issued a formal statement responding to Wase’s claims, leaving the public eager for clarification on a matter that touches directly on national safety.
Lagos Lately will continue to monitor developments and provide updates as the story unfolds.



News
FG Vows to End Frequent Power Grid Collapses
The Minister of Power, Adebayo Adelabu, has assured Nigerians that the Federal Government is intensifying efforts to put a stop to the recurring national grid collapses and improve overall stability in the country’s power sector.
Speaking in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, on Friday during the maiden retreat of the Nigerian Independent System Operator (NISO) themed “NISO on the Move,” Adelabu—represented by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Alhaji Muhammadu Mamman—said President Bola Tinubu’s administration has been implementing fresh strategies from day one to stabilise the grid and curb nationwide power outages.
According to him, the establishment of NISO is one of the key reforms introduced by the Federal Government to transform operations within the power sector and drive reliable electricity supply.
Nigeria has long grappled with repeated grid collapses, largely attributed to ageing infrastructure, inadequate funding, poor maintenance, and vandalism. These disruptions have resulted in widespread blackouts, affecting businesses, slowing economic activity, and forcing households to depend heavily on generators and other costly alternatives.
Adelabu noted that the current administration is committed to reversing these trends. “Since the commencement of this administration, things have been done differently. The creation of the Nigerian Independent System Operator is a clear indication of government’s renewed approach to achieving grid stability, reducing power outages, and ensuring every Nigerian has access to electricity,” he said.

-
News2 years agoHardship: We Plan To Establish A National Commodity Board To Crash Food Prices – VP Shettima
-
News8 years ago
Blog Reader; Samson Osagiede Celebrates Fiancè Benedicta Daniels’s Birthday With Sweet Words
-
Home9 years ago
News Channel claims Donald Trump is an orphan from Pakistan,share alleged childhood photo
-
Home9 years ago
Another $175m Found in Patience Jonathan’s wife’s firm’s Bank Account
-
Home9 years ago
Oil Spillage: House of Reps Member Shares Photos of the Water her Constituents Drink .
-
Home9 years ago
Zara Buhari & Ahmed Indimi’s Wedding Access Card
-
Sport7 years agoModric, Marta Wins 2018 FIFA Best Player Of The Year Awards ⚽️
-
News7 years ago
The Best Video You’ve Seen Today?
